A good potato salad is a great side for almost any BBQ dish. It’s also something that can be made the day before, stored in the fridge, and served cold.
Which in turn means you can focus on the preparation of meat when you need to, which is good. It also means it’s a great side to bring to the park, the beach or camping.
Time: 20-30 minutes
Skill level: Easy
You’re going to need:
12-15 Medium-sized red-skinned potatoes
About 1 cup of Homemade Chipotle Mayo (you can always substitute for store bought mayo mixed with chipotle hot sauce, but it won’t be as tasty then)
4 tbsp of Honey Dijon Mustard (I use Maille brand, the French know their mustard)
6 thin strips of quality bacon
How you do it:
- Slice your bacon in small slices, and fry in a pan over low heat. I like to grind some pepper on it while frying
- Wash and dice your potatoes (I leave the peel on, it looks nice, and I’m also lazy)and boil them until they’re just about soft, not too long. Rinse in cold water and let drain in a colander
- Whisk the mustard into the mayo
- Slice your scallions in thin slices
- Put potatoes in a bowl and mix with scallions, bacon and the dressing
- Serve lukewarm of refrigerated and enjoy!